Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Frankie Say

Yesterday I had to clean out a can in the kitchen so I banged it against the sink a couple of times. The dogs heard this and immediately thought someone was knocking at the front door so they freaked out, charging around and barking their heads off. So I did it like 10 more times, even louder - and the dogs absolutely lost their minds! Barking and howling and leaping at the windows like maniacs.
Bang bang bang! - 10 more times really loud!
At this point the kids (hiding upstairs in typical fashion) apparently lost their minds too, and they came storming out of their lairs *yelling their heads off about all the noise.
But here's the thing: with the dogs barking, and the kids yelling, it was a moment of true bliss for me - and when the dogs, whipped into a unrepentant frenzy by the kids shouting at them to stop, began a multi room dog on dog gladiator battle that devoured all standing before it (furniture and curtains mostly, maybe a foolish cat) I knew that I had found my new moment in time, my new happy daddy place. :)
Bang bang bang! - 10 more times really loud!
*Ironic, no? Teens are like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment