Friday, August 23, 2013

Toying with Minors #23

Last night I got into an argument with my teenage daughter. When I went up to her room later to apologize I was carrying an empty Mountain Dew bottle that I intended to throw away. She took an immediate dislike to this bottle.

"Why do you have that bottle?!"

"Honey, I'm sorry I lost my temper."

"Don't leave that bottle in my room."

"I won't. I just wanted to let you know that I love you."

"Fine. Take the bottle with you when you leave."

"I will, it's just -"

"I don't want you to leave that bottle in here!"

Properly chastened, I withdrew from her chambers, clutching the offending bottle in my hands.

Early this morning when I went to kiss her goodbye before work she was still asleep, so I slipped the empty Mountain Dew bottle underneath her pillow.

She still hasn't returned any of my phone calls... :(

No comments:

Post a Comment